Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Sunday, September 11, 2011

1st day of school - 9/6/2011

Here is the boys' picture from the first day of school.

I can hear my mother's voice saying, "Really Amanda? That's the best you could do?"


But, I think back to my elementary days and how much I hated those first day of school pictures. My mom always made us hold up our fingers to indicate what year we were starting. I was always so indignant that it was the dumbest thing I've ever had to do in my young life.


So now when my boys look at me with disgust when I tell them I'd like to get a first day of school picture, I kind of side with them. They grimace, they half smile, they flat out frown. And yet being the empathetic mother that I am, I thank them when I'm done taking their picture...even knowing that these pictures are the best I'm going to get that morning:




Thanks Grandma Debbie for the first day of school shirts and new sweatshirts!

No comments: