Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Good "clean" fun

On February 19th, we declared war against the germs inhabiting our home. Lucas has been sick for a week, Justin had been sick, Hayden was getting sick, I had the sniffles... Spring may not have arrived yet, but we were going to spring clean anyway. A Rug Doctor was rented, large plastic bowls were retrieved from the closet, packages of sponges were opened and away we went.
The boys helped me move the living room furniture to one half of the room and I got started cleaning the carpets. The boys each had a bowl of hot, soapy water and a sponge. They tackled the walls and the baseboards. Every time we do this, they think it's a game. And I am smart enough not to tell them otherwise : )
While the first half of the living room carpet dried, we headed to the boys bedroom and playroom. We didn't move all the furniture this time because I just wasn't up for unbunking two sets of bunkbeds. I've done it in the past by myself but I just wasn't that committed to the project this time. I did move dressers and toy boxes and rugs, so I think the bulk of the carpets were cleaned and we hit all the walls/baseboards we could get to in these rooms.
I think this was Lucas's first time "playing" with a bucket of soapy water and sponge. He was so excited! You'd have thought I plopped him down in the middle of kid heaven. He absolutely loved doing the baseboards!
I told the boys we had to take a picture of their room. This is probably the cleanest it's been for a while and we definitely had to preserve the moment.
I can't say that the germs are all gone, but the sickness recovery time is quite a bit faster now that we've cleaned everything from top to bottom. Add two new Bath&Body Works air freshener plugins and we're looking clean and smelling clean too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish there were more families like this. There sure would be a lot more happier people and fewer (by far) problems..

Love you guys,
Grandma W