Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Thursday, March 31, 2011

AWANA Games 2011

Last year, Tanner and JJ were on the same AWANA games team...and they won gold medals.

This year, they were on separate teams which made for a very nervous mother in the stands as the games progressed. Last year, our teams blew the other teams out of the water (and I'm not just saying that as the proud mother - we beat them by about 15 points).

This year, the finals came down to one or two point differences. As we were sitting in the stands watching the scoreboard go back and forth, we honestly discussed that we'd rather have both teams win or both teams get second. I just couldn't imagine having to take home one disappointed child and one very excited child.

They keep the scoreboard posted until the very last set of games, so I was honestly on the edge of my seat along with the other parents as we awaited the results. Tanner's team was announced first and I honestly thought they earned second place. But I was wrong! Gold medal for Tanner. JJ's bracket was even closer going into the final game and I was so worried that they'd end up with second place. But I was wrong again! Gold medal for JJ.



Both teams together proudly displaying their AWANA games champion banner.



Tanner's team



JJ's team



Next year, they'll be back on the same team and my poor heart can get a break and not have to worry. But seeing as we're two for two with gold medals, they tell me I shouldn't worry.

No comments: