Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Sunday, February 20, 2011

P-I-N-K

Lucas has been spelling 'pink' to us for weeks and I have to admit, as excited I am that he's learning something I was getting a little annoyed. He'd come up behind you and say, "P-i-n-k spells pink" or "P-i-n-k spells what?" or "Can you tell me what p-i-n-k spells?" We've been utterly bombarded by pink and in a world of "blue" boys, this has been quite odd for us. We've patiently played along, and then one day he changed his tune without warning. "What does w-h-i-t-e spell?" I decided I needed to go straight to the source.

I asked Lucas' preschool teacher if they're learning to spell pink. She asked me if he had sung us the song yet. I told her I didn't know anything about a song. She told me that Lucas and a little girl are the song leaders during circle time because they're the "singers" in the group. I have to agree that Lucas loves to sing and spends most of the day singing no matter what he's doing.

The other boys and I finally got him to sing it for us on Saturday. Here it is:

(the tune of Jingle Bells):
Cotton candy, fat pink pigs, girls in socks and bows
p-i-n-k, p-i-n-k, that is how it goes.

Bubble gum, valentines, these are all pink too.
Pink I sing and pink balloons
we can spell can you?
P-I-N-K!!

Mystery solved. Only now we've introduced a song into all our brains that just won't go away. I think I was better off when I was just befuddled by all the pink talk. Now I'm less befuddled because I know the source of the pink, but now we're all singing about it. Ugh!

No comments: