Today GCC hosted a high school robotics competition and I volunteered as a referee. JJ went with me and the other three stayed at my parents house last night and she kept them today for me. After the competition, my mom called to say the kids and she had made dinner and dessert. I asked if JJ and I could pick anything up and she said no.
JJ and I headed to the house to drop some stuff off before we headed to Cochranton. Apparently, when we were in the house we missed a call from Hayden. His message said, "Grandma said to stop and get me vanilla ice-ssss-ng. Thank you very much." I translated the message as they needed vanilla icing for something they had baked.
When I arrived, I was informed that it was vanilla ice cream that Hayden wanted so that he could make the root beer floats he found in my mom's kid's cookbook. He was not very happy with me and told me that he said in the phone what he wanted me to get and why didn't I get it.
"Diction, diction, diction" - very wise advice from my GCC public speaking instructor that would have helped greatly today.
No comments:
Post a Comment