June. A whole month that the McCreadie family has been seemingly AWOL. Yet as June is coming to an end, we have not yet recovered from its events. The end of school is supposed to mark the beginning of vacations and rests and open schedules. Instead it marked the start of a seven day a week baseball schedule for us.
Tanner played on a minor Little League team, JJ played on a coach pitch Little League team, and Hayden played on a tee ball team. Those games we Monday through Friday in the evening. Add to this mix the tournament team that Tanner also played on which had tournaments every Saturday (all day) and Sunday (all afternoon) and you'll begin to understand our exhaustion. I'm so glad to not have to see a baseball field until, oh, August when Tanner's fall ball league begins in Greenville.
From June 21 to June 25, the three older boys were at Grandma Cathy and Papa Bud's house for Camp McCurdy. Along with about 13 other boys (including Cameron, Wesley, and Bryce) my mom held church camp at the pond. Each day was run exactly how camp would be with crafts, a morning and afternoon Bible story, trivia, games, nature, swim time, lunch, and free time. The boys had a blast!! Hayden was especially excited because he was big enough to attend.
For that week Lucas, for the first time in his life, had one-on-one time with Mommy and Daddy. When I was at work during the day, Justin and Lucas would play ball, wrestle, take walks, sing, dance, and play. They, I think, truly enjoyed that special time together. I'm pretty sure Lucas was not all that pleased when his brothers returned as he cried, pouted, and whined most of Saturday when the boys were back!
This past week, June 27 through tomorrow night, is VBS at church. Lucas is old enough to attend this year (3 and potty trained), so Justin and I are enjoying some quiet time in the evenings. This year, the main speaker for VBS was Mark Thompson. Mark is a musical ventriloquist who uses his gift in puppetry to spread the message of God's love. He was truly fantastic. He was actually only able to be with us for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday as he was heading to Creation. I think it's been a bit overwhelming for Lucas as it seems he falls asleep during the closing message/worship time each night : ) VBS runs from 6-8:30; however, Lucas is never in bed before 9, so I'm not sure why he's so tuckered out.
Next week Justin heads out for his mancation/buddymoon to Texas with Starcher. The boys will be back at Grandma Cathy and Papa Bud's for the week while I'm working. I have Monday off, so that will lighten my parents load a bit.
Hmm. I think that's June in a nutshell. Don't worry Grandma and Grandpa Wise, I promise to be more faithful to keeping you in the loop now that baseball is done sucking my brain and energy sources dry. Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment