Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Monday, May 22, 2017

Appropriate dress

The 4th grade field trip is a one-day visit to Harrisburg. Yes, you read that right, a one-day trip to Harrisburg. A lot of bus riding for a little bit of site seeing. The students were instructed to report to the school by 6:00am. As Lucas and I were discussing the logistics of his upcoming field trip, this was the conversation that occurred:

L: You will take me to school, right?
M: Yes
L: Well, will you walk me into the school?
M: Yes
L: Will you get dressed?
M: Of course I will get dressed! I'll probably throw on some sweatpants and a t-shirt.
L: Pants. Definitely pants.
M: What did you expect? That I'd wear my robe and just a t-shirt under it?
L: Pants....shirt....socks...shoes...oh, and underwear. You have to wear all of that.
M: (laughing) I feel like you don't think I get dressed every day of my life. What if I don't want to wear socks and shoes and wear flip flops instead? Is that okay?
L: That will be okay. Pants and shirt and underwear definitely.

No comments: