Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Excuse me...

Tanner had a really great round of golf today while at a HS golf team match in Hermitage and he ended up first for the team.  In celebration, we went to Hoss's for dinner.  As we were eating, Lucas says (in a not so quiet voice), "Excuse me."  It just so happened that the waitress was walking by right then and she turned around and asked, "Yes?"  I knew what Lucas was really excusing and had to think fast.  Lucas had a look of panic on his face and leaned over to whisper in my ear, "I tooted."  I nodded my head and turned to the waitress, thankful that she had forgotten the lemon for my water, and said, "He'd like a lemon for his sprite and can I have some for my water as well?"  She said she'd go right and get them and walked away.  Meanwhile, Tanner and JJ were looking at me a little confused.  I leaned across the table and told them that Lucas had farted and I was forced to cover it up.  They both busted up laughing, giving me a high five for quick thinking.  A little later, Lucas said I should have told the waitress, "It's okay miss. My son tooted.  Move along."  I think I handled it well given the quick thinking I had to do.

No comments: