Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

One bike to two bike

Tanner went to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald house today with his English teacher and five other students from his class.  I wasn't expecting them home before 9:30.  So, the other boys and I took a bike ride to see Michelle​ and then stopped at DQ on the way home.  The drive through was backed up and the inside area was packed but I thought we had time, so we got in line.  Then I got a text from Tanner at 8:34 saying he'd be at the school at 8:45.  I told him "Problem. At DQ on bikes. Not expecting you until 9:30.  Get a ride or meet us and walk."  He said he'd meet us.  Then "supermom" as Lucas called me solved the problem.  I shared my bike with Lucas (I scooted to the back edge of the bike seat and Lucas sat on the front and propped his legs on the bar), and then Tanner rode Lucas' bike home.  Lucas kept telling me he was glad I was supermom and had this great idea but he was very glad that he had on his bike helmet in case I had to come to a fast stop and we wrecked and he fell and hit his head.  Oh, the confidence!  I will report that we made it home just fine and Lucas was yelling to JJ and Hayden, "Mom made a one bike a two bike...a two person bike.  She did.  Really."

No comments: