Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Surprise

Hayden made a Mother's Day surprise for me in school and told me it was for my bedroom door.  I told him he could put it there before he went to bed and I'd close my eyes when I went to bed or he could do it before I woke up.  He wasn't sure which he would do but agreed with the options.  I actually went to bed before him too so it was a perfect opportunity.  He didn't make the most of that perfect opportunity though.

In the middle of the night, I heard him get up to let the dog out and then assumed he'd gone back to bed as is usual on most nights.  Then I heard, "SURPRISE. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY."  He had come to give me his gift and put it on my door.  It was 4:30am!!!  Oh, yes.  It was 4:30am.  He wanted to turn on all the lights and celebrate right then and there.  I quickly took the present, looked it over lovingly, thanked him, gave him a big hug and kiss, and then told him to get his little self back in bed.  Never a dull moment around here for sure.

No comments: