Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Rainbow loom minions

2013 was the year of the rainbow loom and avoided them all year hoping the fad would pass before my boys became interested.  A rainbow loom is this little plastic mold that you use to create bracelets out of tiny rubber bands.  Now Lucas and Hayden were interested in the bracelets the little girls in their classes were making for them, :) but neither really ever said they wanted a kit.  Lucas even learned to make the bracelets without the loom and just did it using his fingers with bands the girls from his class gave him.  My success at avoiding owning loom kits came to an end when my mom bought each of the boys a kit for Christmas.

2013 also brought Despicable Me 2 and the boys loved the little yellow minions in their blue overalls
even more in this movie than they did in the first.  I was Googling rainbow loom bracelet videos the other day to see if I could find something fun to make for the boys.  I found several videos for how to make minion bracelets, so I set out to do just that.

Here is my first attempt.  The one white band is supposed to be the eye. 
However, after we look at some other videos that used buttons with an eye drawn on, a friend shared some googly eyes with us and Lucas's minion finally was complete!  He was so excited. 

Here is the minion bracelet Tanner requested I make him.  It does a little better job of giving him his overalls, but eh, it's rubber bands.
 Who'd of thought I'd be spending my evenings making crazy bracelets out of tiny rubber bands?  Not me, that's for sure!

No comments: