Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Creative freedom in clothes selection

I have always allowed my boys to pick their own clothes for school.  This makes for a lot less drama in the morning and fewer headaches for me.
 
I've never worried about the older two. They usually always wear things that match and look pretty normal.  Hayden has made me smile a few times in his selections.  But then there's Lucas.
 
Yesterday, he went dressed to school like this...
This isn't his norm everyday, but he does seem to lean toward having orange somewhere in his outfit as much as possible.  Maybe a little hunter redneck gene is coming through. :)
 
This morning, he had on an orange shirt (different one than yesterday), camo shorts, and the same camo hat.  I asked him what his friends thought of his outfit yesterday.  He said that his friend Clayton didn't like it because "he thinks flat hats are supposed to be worn down but they are supposed to be worn up".
 
Translation?  If you flip the hat he has on in the picture around, the rim is perfectly flat.  Not like the rounded rims from my generation.  Lucas wears his "flat hat" with the rim pointing more upward than down on his forehead (think Will Smith in Fresh Prince).  So he wears it "up" and Clayton thinks it should be worn "down".
 
And just when I didn't think Lucas' outfits couldn't get any more press, I watched as he walked into school this morning (Tanner always walks him to the door).  I hadn't noticed before that Lucas had on one black dress sock pulled up to his knee and one black ankle sock.
 
I'm calling it creative freedom to dress how he wants to dress!

No comments: