Tanner turned 12...
Wow! To say that the years have flown doesn't do justice to honestly how fast the years have really gone by. Two-thirds of my "little" boy's childhood are gone and I'm not sure I'm okay with that.
I'm so proud of the young man he's becoming. I love watching his athletic interests develop and I love watching his interactions deepen with his brothers. He's no longer just one of "the brothers". He's "the brother" that the younger ones are looking to as a role model and guide.
He's doing well in school and this year he earned the Timothy Award at Awana.
What this means, in a nutshell, is that he completed all the 4 books for the Truth & Training level of Awana. His leader, Vic, was a great help to him him achieving this award. It meant a lot of scripture learning for Tanner and a lot of scripture listening to for Mr. Vic.
I'm not sure that I'm ready to pack his childhood tendencies away and I don't think he is either. Every once in a while, he'll still sit beside me on the couch and wrap his arm around mine and snuggle into me. Those are the moments I'm really not ready to see disappear.
Your dad and I are so proud of you and love you so much!
Keep up the good work!
No comments:
Post a Comment