Every year on crazy hair night for AWANA, the boys ask me to let them get "colored hairspray". And every year I say no. Until this year. I decided that it really didn't matter and if it didn't wash out for days or weeks then oh well.
Lucas was the first to undergo the colored hairspray treatment. He was very proud of his selection of just blue hair.
After 'just blue', we moved on to 'give me a stripe of every color', aka Hayden:
JJ followed suit:
After Lucas saw everyone else going rainbow, he asked for spots of each color to be added to his already bright blue head : )
Then came Tanner. He was going for the title of king crazy hair and he was willing to do anything to win - even undergo a little pain. I don't think he realized it was going to hurt to pull his short hair up into pigtails, but even as he grimaced and moaned he kept saying more. He then wanted each pigtail to be a different color and then the bottom all red.
I was so worried Justin was going to flip out when he saw what we were doing. However, I was surprised when he came outside to get in on the action. He decided that Tanner wasn't yet up to king of crazy hair standards, so he added the final touches:
And the king of crazy hair is made!
He won a prize for craziest hair too. His prize...shampoo!
What's nice is that when the boys came home, I had them all stand in the shower. Armed with the hand held sprayer and a bottle of shampoo, I was ready to go to war with the multi-colored hair. Then I realized it was just rinsing out with water. It was fantastic! I made the boys use shampoo to make sure it was nice and clean, but the shampoo wasn't really even necessary.
The boys had a blast! I'm so glad I gave in to their requests because they had such a fun time.
No comments:
Post a Comment