It's hard to believe that this year was really the 7th Annual BYOP. We moved into this house in June of 2004 and our first pumpkin party was that October. Wow! Where have the years go. I remember that my first reasoning for having the pumpkin party was that the boys, Justin, and I had no real family traditions that weren't traditions from my family or his family, but just ours. I wanted it to be something that the kids would look forward to each year and would be something that everyone could enjoy with us. While I have to acknowledge that this tradition won't last forever like the Wise Thanksgiving gatherings, I know it'll last through the boys childhood and that's good enough for me. Then someday if they're blessed with children maybe they can pick it up again. I'm grateful for the family and friends who gather each year, some years cold and some warm, for an afternoon of fun, food, laughter, and pumpkin guts!
Aerial view of the pumpkin zone
Every good party has spectators!
My grandparents are such troopers. It wasn't the warmest day even though the sun was out.
However, they sat outside and enjoyed the pumpkin fun going on.

Lucas has his own posse of pumpkin helpers.
I couldn't be more blessed than I already am with aunts, uncles, and cousins who are truly invested in loving my children and sharing in their lives! Even if it means sacrificing their own carving time to help Lucas : )

Paige started her pumpkin...Brett finished it.

Best cousin buddies!
Best canine buddies?? ; )

Hayden was thrilled with the attention he got from Uncle Brad that day!
And I think BJ loved with the time he spent with Hayden too!
Wesley and his blaaaah! puking pumpkin!
Kaelin and Hayley - Kaelin was very proud of her pumpkin (especially since she basically gutted it herself and she got the heart nose she requested her dad make for her). Hayley was proud too. She just wasn' t interested in having her picture taken anymore!
Matt, Ben, Tera, and Chris
Matt won the ingenuity award this year when he brought a power saw
to use for pumpkin carving. It worked great!
Bryce was Mr. Mysterious. He moved away from everyone
so he could complete his creation in private!

Ryan and Kenzie - I think Ryan had already finished his and Kenzie was just starting hers thanks to Lucas's adding her to his posse of pumpkin carving helpers.

Mindy, Liam, and Coral
No comments:
Post a Comment