Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Monday, June 22, 2009

A bit of paradise in our backyard

Somewhere exotic? Tropical perhaps?
No, just a beautiful example of God's creativity right here in Springfield Township
Tonight, Justin and I went with the little boys to eat at Rachel's, while Tanner and JJ are with Justin's parents. After dinner, we decided to take Lucas and Hayden to see the waterfall. We've taken Tanner and JJ before, but the "little" boys have always been too little.
They loved it! Hayden was very cautious and leery of the edge. I had him lay on his belly to look over the edge and that made him feel a little more comfortable. Lucas, who is braver than I'd like him to be, said to Justin, "I jump? Boom!". Needless to say, we didn't let him get too close to the edge.
After looking over the top, we climbed down to let the boys splash their hands in the water.

Then I had to get the very predictable picture of the boys with the falls behind them.

Hayden was then adamant that I take a picture of him by himself showing his strength.

On the way down the steep and very rocky/covered with roots trail, Justin carried Lucas and I held on to Hayden. However, on the way back up, we wanted to see how well they did on their own. They both did amazing and were very proud of themselves when they reached the top.



On the way home, we stopped to get a watermelon and came home with a watermelon and a gardner snake. Some guy had picked it up from the middle of the the parking lot and was walking it over to the grassy edge to "save it's life", but Justin interceded and said that we would take it home. So now in the past two days we have added a box turtle and gardner snake to our list of fun!! I'm afraid to see what we acquire tomorrow.
We ended our night with a visit from Paige, Emily, and Tallulah who we always have a great time visiting with. A little ball was played in the backyard, watermelon was eaten, and a movie was watched. Thanks for the fun, girls!!

No comments: