Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend in Lancaster & Joseph

Instead of a McCurdy/Wise/Ward family weekend at Splash Lagoon this year, my mom reserved a weekend in Lancaster and a trip to see Joseph at the Sight & Sound Theatre. For many reasons, it turned out to be quite a unique group of people who went. However, it was definitely a great trip, a great weekend.



The boys before the show



Joseph as he dreams of the sheaves of corn coming alive and then he being lifted above them.


Jacob's family camp



Joseph flying above the moon, sun, and stars -

he actually flew right up in front of where we sat in the balcony



The scenery as Joseph makes his way out to where his brothers are tending the animals in the fields.



The pit where Joseph's brothers throw him



Joseph and Potiphar's wife



Joseph in prison



Joseph - called before Pharoah



The storehouses for the 7 years of plenty



Joseph's home



The brothers enter and see the feast prepared for them



Lined up by age



A father and son reunited





A joyful celebration of God's goodness





The crew at the end of the show - they loved it!



Pool time was a definite highlight of the weekend!



I think Justin was extra glad Rob came with us...he was the boys' target for attempted dunking and splashing all weekend. Although I think Rob definitely held his own in the 6 vs. 1 fight.















The little boys enjoyed some hot tub time with Papa Bud



So tuckered out...he went to bed in the coat closet!



Paige and Rob on the ride home - with a crazy Lou!



We drove through Narnia's white witch forest on the way to and from Lancaster. It was beautiful! The trees, the bushes, the ground - everything was completely covered in ice!




What a refreshing weekend! We definitely missed my brother David and my grandpa and grandma Wise, but I know that pond weekends are coming and we'll all spend time together then. Thanks to my mom who hosted and put the weekend together. I can't say how blessed I am by the fact that I come from a family the regularly spends time together and can honestly say we enjoy each other's company. God is good for sure and He knew what he was doing when he brought us all together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANKS, MANDIE. I ALMOST FELT I WAS THERE. WE DO LOOK FORWARD TO SUMMER "POND" TIMES. WHEN GRANDPA GETS HOME HE WILL LOVE THIS TOO. YOU ARE ALL SO SPECIAL. . .
LOVE, GRANDMA W.